Calcium Stearate is physiologically safe and insoluble in most solvents have principle use as lubricant in plastic and pharmaceutical industry.
- In Pharmaceutical industry it is used as Mould release agent, Anti tack agent and Gelling agent for plastic moulding powders and tablets
- In Cosmetic industry it is used in shampoos, eyeliners, lipsticks, sun protective lotions, medicated ointments, body and foot powders, etc because its hydrophobic properties prevents products in powder form from absorbing water and thus from forming agglomerates
- In paper industry it is used as Lubricant for excellent gloss, for preventing dusting and for preventing fold cracking
- In Building Industry Calcium Stearate is used for Inhibiting Moisture absorption & Preservation of building material
- Calcium Stearate is used as a stabilizer for PVC resins, polymer pencils, for waterproofing NG base explosives; fabrics; cements & cement paints; mortar admixtures